Followers

Search This Blog

how many viruses exist on the internet?

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why is there computer’s infections?
The money certainly motivates the creators of malware. This was not the first case of virus writers in the mid 80s. At that time, it was rather a challenge, to show they were capable, or simply cause. Infections were content to replicate themselves in, post a message, and sometimes destroyed (rarely) of data.

Today, these programs are a source of income and means are different:

* Mass attack (DDOS) attacks from hijacked computers,
* Registered mail advertisements from hijacked PCs (spam)
* Display ads (popup)
* Scammers with fake security software (Rogue)
* Flight data, passwords, serial numbers for software ...
* Redirect to fraudulent websites (phishing)
* Blackmail (ransomware)
* Etc ...

To achieve their end, most infections have to be discreet so as to stay longer with their hosts. We may suspect an infection in the case of display of popups, or suspicious activity by the system or Internet connection.

The virus name applied to a very specific family of malware infection should be used instead, a broader term. We will also discuss on the basis of Crimeware fraudulent actions of these applications.

the number of viruses identified is about 1626845 nowdays

4 comments:

Unknown May 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

interesting... I think we must also find the peoples who send such virus around...

Unknown May 11, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

malwares are just another sources of income and most of the time I am driven to believe that malwares are just created but those who produce anti-virus softwares but as I can't prove it yet, I'd better keep that comment for myself.

My computer got infected last summer. I googled something and I allowed a pop-up. the second after, I received a note that asked me to pay 85 dollars to remove that virus. Two days after, my computer died and I lost all my data. I could reinstal some programs but I lost one third of it.
There are many institutions that try to put an end to walmare but it is not an easy task to perform. All we have to do is to be careful especially when we're online. We must only allow on our computers websites we trust.

Unknown May 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

uhm that is rather interesting as a subject 1626845 virus it is a good encouragement to buy computer antivirus programs. I believe that the one who send the virus has got the power to built an antivirus also. It is all business in action. Viruses are being launched on the internet and we people are obliged to get antivirus programs to insure the safety of our computers' information. On the other hand, Norton, and Mac fee and many other antivirus program builders have an insure market and their business go along. It is much like a cycle.

Angeleyes May 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

this article was very intersting, i wished to read some more...but i am very impressed!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP